KEEPING YOU AWARE
YOUR INFORMATION – WHAT WE COLLECT
Instances in which your information may be collected:
- If you e-mail us or fill out an online form requesting information or materials from our organization
- If you fill out an online application to participate in one of our mission’s opportunities such as: volunteer hunger advocate, short-term teams missions, or hunger corps missions. This may also include applying for employment online.
- If you subscribe to an online subscription such as an email newsletter or email prayer network.
- If you make a donation or sponsor a child online, via mail, telephone or at an event..
The online information we collect from you may include your name, address, city, state, zip, telephone number(s), email address, and when making a donation, a credit card number and expiration date.
The information you provide when filling out an online opportunity application will vary depending upon the position you are interested in.
In order to improve and enhance our online services, we may also periodically ask you to provide voluntary information such as child sponsorship testimonials, contact preferences, online suggestions, or information regarding your demographical information.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Your information is used to benefit your involvement in our ministry:
- Enabling you to complete a transaction online
- Issuing you an income tax receipt for your donation
- Updating you on giving and ministry opportunities
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
The first protection we ensure is that Food for the Hungry never sells, rents, leases or exchanges your personal information with other organizations. The identity of all who contact us through our website will be kept confidential. Use of your information is restricted to persons employed or contracted by Food for the Hungry who agree to abide by our pledge of confidentiality.
Food for the Hungry makes every effort to ensure the security of your information. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the proper use of information, we have established and implemented appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Food for the Hungry uses Internet Encryption Software, Transport Layer Security (TLS) Protocol when collecting or transferring sensitive data such as credit card information. Any information you enter is encrypted at your browser, sent over the public Internet in encrypted form, then tokenized to permanently remove access to your credit card information in our database. Food for the Hungry adheres to the PCI Security Standards.
REMOVING YOUR NAME FROM OUR MAILING LIST
You can be removed from any future communications from our ministry or simply reduce the amount of communication you are receiving by contacting us at email@example.com or calling us at 1-866-307-3259.
If you determine that information in our database is inaccurate or it has changed, you can modify your personal information at fh.org/account/settings or by calling us at 1-866-307-3259.
Food for the Hungry
1224 E. Washington St.
Phoenix, AZ 85034-1102
Phoenix area: 480-998-3100
Toll free: 1-800-248-6437